A concern that is part of the routine of all event producers and bar or concert hall owners is: how to retain customers to improve nightclub performance. Enchanting the public and keeping them frequenting your establishment is the best way to increase revenue and build a good image for your business.
If you want to know how to retain your audience, see 5 tips to do it correctly and make your nightclub events a success!
1. Set a fair price
Establishing a “fair price” is one of the most delicate parts of managing a nightclub. This is because a fair price does not necessarily mean drastically lowering everything, much less making it too expensive.
To arrive at a fair price for your products and services, you need to take into account the cost of production, the percentage of profit and the added value, which is related to the status and quality of what you promote. If the goal is a more luxurious home, the fair value may be higher.
However, you have to keep the balance. If you lower the value too much, it may feel like a place without quality. If you raise too much, it may be considered abusive, even for a luxury home.
2. Add value to the sale
To maximise sales and create a memorable experience for customers, it's important to communicate the added value of purchasing a ticket or consuming a product in your establishment. By making customers feel that they're investing in something unique and worthwhile, they're more likely to spend more and have a positive perception of your business. For example, when guests purchase a ticket for a party at your nightclub, they should believe that they'll have the time of their lives with the best music, atmosphere, and crowd. Similarly, when they order food, they should anticipate an unforgettable gastronomic adventure.
3. Strengthen customer relationships to improve nightclub performance
To enhance the performance of your nightclub, it's crucial to build strong relationships with your customers. Loyal patrons should be viewed as friends of the establishment who feel valued and appreciated, rather than just another customer. This can be achieved through various means, such as cultivating relationships on social media, offering loyalty programs, and engaging in open dialogue during promotional efforts. By utilising these and other tools, you can foster a sense of community and belonging among your patrons, ultimately leading to increased customer satisfaction and business success.
4. Create really attractive promotions for your audience
Promotions are great loyalty tools and help improve nightclub performance. However, they work properly when they are really attractive to the public. See more common examples used in nightclubs:
- The lower entry price for those registered with their name on the list;
- Courtesy for the X first payers to enter the house;
- Discount on entry for those who buy tickets online ;
- Entrance converted into consummation;
- Buy X items from the bar and get 1 free;
- Free entry for birthdays.
They all represent benefits for your audience and can win not only old but also new customers.
5. Train your employees properly
Employees who provide good service attract a larger audience, as well as captivate those who already frequent their space. If you want your customers to be “friends of the house”, they must feel comfortable and comfortable there.
Employees who do not respond well may cause discomfort and repel the public, as well as cause a bad impact on social networks, for example. That's why it's essential that you train them properly so that they can provide a good service, retain customers and increase your nightclub's revenue.
What basic aspects to take care of?
Some basic elements not to be overlooked if you want to increase sales in a bar are:
- Variety: to have a differentiation of products, both by type (for example to offer several flavours of the same product, which could be a fruit juice, but also specific products for allergies and intolerances) and by size (allowing you to choose between normal brioches and small);
- Personnel: a choice that must be made carefully because the human relationship, in itself always important, is even more so for those activities based on conviviality ;
- Creativity: presenting the products with decorations or in association with something particular (for example coffee and cappuccino decorated and associated with a piece of chocolate or a biscuit) can communicate to the customer that he is attentive to detail;
- Location: pay attention to the atmosphere, therefore to the music, to the olfactory marketing (of significant importance in a place where it also somehow guides the taste), to the sensorial marketing, choosing the right lights, etc., the interior design, the colours of the walls and furnishings. The physical space of the bar must be a tool that could be defined as a “visual sale ". Attention must be paid to the sign, however, not only inside the venue but also outside, taking care of the sign and the entrance.
Maximising profits in your nightclub requires a combination of strategies aimed at retaining customers, creating a unique experience, and improving customer satisfaction. This can be achieved through fair pricing, adding value to sales, building strong customer relationships, creating attractive promotions, and training employees properly. Additionally, paying attention to basic elements such as variety, personnel, creativity, location, and atmosphere can enhance the overall customer experience and increase revenue. By implementing these tips, nightclub owners and event producers can improve their performance, attract new customers, and build a positive reputation for their business.